Importing new accounts from Edward Jones...why do account numbers not match?

Options
I attempted to import new accounts from Edward Jones. It was successful in importing these accounts, but the account numbers displayed in Quicken don't match the account numbers at Edward Jones. I have latest Quicken version and using Windows 10 PC. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is it Quicken or Edward Jones?

Answers

• Gerald Van Nostrand
    Options
    Ooops, never mind. Quicken picks up the 2 digits at end of account number which Edward Jones does not display in online account list.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just for reference: The Account Number, as shown in Edit Account Details / General tab is not always equal to the account number as printed on your paper checks or your credit cards. It is the number which the bank sends during account activation. After that, this number is used to link your account register with the downloaded transaction data. If this number doesn't match, for whatever the reason, expect error codes CC-506 or similar.
  • jlbergie
    jlbergie Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank You Gerald, I was having the same problem with the account numbers, I have it fixed now!!!

This discussion has been closed.