Merging multiple brokerage accounts for tax purposes.

Options
DaisyDave
DaisyDave Member ✭✭
edited May 2021 in Investing (Windows)
I switched brokers and I have multiple taxable accounts. Is there a way for me to merge all that information together for my tax filing ?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @DaisyDave,

I am not exactly sure which types of information you want to "merge" but the reports that are available in Quicken do a pretty good job of summarizing tax related data in a format that can easily be used to prepare tax returns.  And the reports align with some of the Federal return categories and or schedules.  The reports are available by going to - "Reports" > "Tax".  Here's a Snip that shows that available reports:

Let me know if you have any followups or specific questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @DaisyDave,

I am not exactly sure which types of information you want to "merge" but the reports that are available in Quicken do a pretty good job of summarizing tax related data in a format that can easily be used to prepare tax returns.  And the reports align with some of the Federal return categories and or schedules.  The reports are available by going to - "Reports" > "Tax".  Here's a Snip that shows that available reports:

Let me know if you have any followups or specific questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -