Status Field Changes

Options
Geo H
Geo H Member ✭✭
I use the Status field to help me verify transaction completeness and reconciliation of my transactions. I recently noticed all my transactions, in my entire account, were marked REVIEWED. I researched and discovered there is a NEW option to mark ALL downloaded transactions as REVIEWED. Why was this added and why is it so close to the other choice of REVIEWED in the list. I now have lost years of history by an inadvertent click. Is anyone else bothered by this change? Even a warning to notify you that so many records are about to be altered would have helped!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The mark all as reviewed option is actually not very new. But in any case, the intent of the Review function is to clear that column, the idea being that users would review transactions and generally keep that column cleared. That's why the developers probably didn't anticipate someone having years of not-reviewed transactions. 

That said, in addition to restoring a backup, if you catch something like this right away (before closing the file), then Edit > Undo will reverse it.

A suggestion: you could use a more "permanent" column such as Action, which really isn't used for anything meaningful, to notate the status of transactions. Or you could use tags.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Geo H

Sorry to hear about that mishap. 

You probably already thought of this, but if you have a recent backup, you can restore that and it would put you back to where you were (except without any activity since that backup date).

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The mark all as reviewed option is actually not very new. But in any case, the intent of the Review function is to clear that column, the idea being that users would review transactions and generally keep that column cleared. That's why the developers probably didn't anticipate someone having years of not-reviewed transactions. 

That said, in addition to restoring a backup, if you catch something like this right away (before closing the file), then Edit > Undo will reverse it.

A suggestion: you could use a more "permanent" column such as Action, which really isn't used for anything meaningful, to notate the status of transactions. Or you could use tags.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.