Issues with Quicken connection to USAA

Options
Hi there, so I am having a lot of issues with the one step update and just the connection to USAA. I first tried to follow along the steps in the following link, but there are still issues that aren't addressed in there:

https://www.quicken.com/support/usaa-bank-direct-connect-customers-ol-220-or-http-405-error

First off, after deactivating my accounts, I could not find the "USAA Federal Savings Bank - New" in the banks tab when trying to reactivate. But then I thought that maybe I would just try to reactivate anyways, and I did. But now, instead of just reactivating the account, it added an account that is the same account as the one I was trying to activate (So now I pretty much have 2 duplicate accounts, but just one has the activity from the past, and the new one is only the last 6 months of activity). Also, Quicken can't find all of my USAA accounts. Please let me know how I can solve this. Thanks

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Barrett

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.

In your case I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks

-Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

Answers

• Quicken Diana
    Options

Hello@Barrett

Thank you for posting in the Community today, though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your USAA accounts.

You are correct, it looks like the instance for USAA has been changed to USAA Federal Savings Bank. Go ahead and choose that option. Then click GET ACCESS ID AND PIN from the right side of the window as shown below. You will be routed to USAA.COM and prompted to complete an authorization step, followed by a prompt to ALLOW Quicken to access your accounts. You will now see your ACCESS ID and PIN number provided on the screen. Use these numbers for the ADD ACCOUNT prompts in Quicken.

I believe that you ended up with duplicate accounts because of this step shown below.

Here, you will need to choose LINK TO EXISTING ACCOUNT and then select the account already in Quicken that you would like it to be linked to. 

After you have successfully connected and linked the accounts, be sure that there aren’t any gaps in transactions. If you do see that you are missing some transactions, they can be moved from the mistakenly added accounts (see HERE to move transactions) or entered manually.

Once you feel confident that the accounts look as they should you can delete, hide or close the mistakenly added accounts. (delete account directions HERE)

Please let us know if this fixes the problem.

Quicken Diana

• Barrett
    Barrett Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the response. This is quite helpful for one of my accounts. Unfortunately, that step is still missing some of the accounts that I have with USAA. For some reason they do not show up at all. Is there something I can do for this?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Barrett

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.

In your case I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks

-Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

This discussion has been closed.