Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Fidelity Investments reinvestment transactions not downloaded

My wife and I have several different accounts with Fidelity Investments (4 IRAs and 1 Investment) that reinvest dividends monthly. For the last couple of months, One Step Update (OSU) has not downloaded those dividend reinvestment transactions although they show in the History section of each account on the Fidelity website. Manual entry of the transactions become somewhat onerous with multiple funds reinvesting dividends in each account.

This morning, 5/1/2021, after another OSU failure to download yesterday's reinvestment transactions, I discovered a workaround. If I deactivate each account then reactivate, the missing transactions download during the activation/connection process.

Non-reinvestment transactions during the month in the Investment account seem to download properly. It appears that the month-end dividend reinvestment transactions are the ones that OSU fails to download although I am not 100% confident that is true in all cases.

Quicken Deluxe, Version R32.12, Build 27.1.32.12

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @TomV

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is interesting. I'm wondering here if you might be able to fix the download by deactivating and trying to add like it's new. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you've had a chance to try this see if you're able to get the transactions working properly. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• TomV
    TomV Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your reply. The process you recommend is exactly the process I mentioned in my original question and is the workaround I used to get the transactions downloaded.

The accounts rarely see transactions other than the monthly dividend reinvestments so it's unlikely that I'll get an opportunity before the first of next month to see whether or not the account deactivation/reactivation is a persistent solution.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    @TomV

Thanks for the update. I wasn't sure if you were reactivating using set up now button on the account after deactivating as it behaves a bit differently if you were to try setting it up as a new account. I'm wondering still what might be causing the issue. Since this account is direct connect it may be worth trying to see if we're able to contact FIdelity to see if they're able to find anything that might be causing the issue. 

In any case if you're able to test to see if deactivating and setting up as new may have helped let us know. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • TomV
    TomV Member ✭✭
    If the reactivation isn't a persistent solution and the problem recurs, I'll escalate the report to Quicken Support for them to work with Fidelity directly.
  • TomV
    TomV Member ✭✭
    edited May 4
    I can report that a simple dollar transfer between two accounts successfully downloaded this date. I don't recall any recent failures to download that type of transaction. I cannot test/verify failure to download reinvestment transactions until the end of the month when my mutual funds pay a dividend.

Again, thanks for your replies to my previous comments. I don't expect any replies ongoing and consider the problem resolved pending end of the month testing.