Address book

wtcubar
wtcubar Member ✭✭
For some reason 1/3 of my addresses went missing. I cleaned up the memorized list the other day. could that cause the removal even tho i left at least each address tied to at least one memorized transaction. What could of caused this? What to watch out for that would trigger the removals.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    AFAIK, even if you delete the last transaction in your Quicken data file referencing a certain Payee Name, it's Address Book Entry does not disappear. You have to delete it manually.
    When you select Tools / Address Book, what is selected in the Group: field? Does it show "<All Groups>" or a limited subgroup of addresses? This might explain why you appear to be missing a number of address records.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    AFAIK, even if you delete the last transaction in your Quicken data file referencing a certain Payee Name, it's Address Book Entry does not disappear. You have to delete it manually.
    When you select Tools / Address Book, what is selected in the Group: field? Does it show "<All Groups>" or a limited subgroup of addresses? This might explain why you appear to be missing a number of address records.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just curious - where or how does the Address Book get used....  I've never seen anything access it

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    just curious - where or how does the Address Book get used....  I've never seen anything access it
    It is used for printing checks, and I believe it is also used in business functions for customer records.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • wtcubar
    wtcubar Member ✭✭
    dummy me. it was set to different group. hopefully in anonther couple of weeks will learn enough on quicken to not be a newby

thanks
  • ADDRESS BOOK> How can I print an address book sorted by a persons last name?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can export the addresses as a text file, open in excel and sort by last name.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.