Online transaction enable and disable

I had an error on an online update where the solution was to disable the online links to each of my accounts, then re-set my account with wells fargo and then enable the online links to all my accounts. I can now get into the bank for the upload, but even though I chose LINK to all the accounts, it brought over a 'start balance' and all my account balances are now off. Even if I delete the start balance that it fabricated, I'm still off. Anyone have a solution other than deleting the whole thing and starting over?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @sskdek

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here it sounds like you may have gotten some duplicate transactions causing the issue you're having. To start off here the first thing we may want to attempt here is to restore a backup to a previous point where our register was correct. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Once you've done this we'll want to try to try reconnecting the account again but we'll likely need to delete the duplicates. You should see on the left side all the new transactions will have a blue dot next to them. You should be able to click on the column header and it will sort the new transactions. Make sure not to delete any new transactions. Delete any of the transactions prior to the new ones including the new starting balance as well. I'll also leave steps on how to mass highlight down below. 

1. Click the first duplicate transaction to highlight it.
    2. While holding the Ctrl key on your keyboard, click each of the duplicate transactions in the register./ Hold Shift and click on the oldest duplicate transaction. This will highlight everything in-between.
    3. Once all the duplicate transactions are selected, right-click on any one of them and select Delete.
    Once you've had a chance to try this see if you're able to get the duplicates deleted and the account running again.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @sskdek

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here it sounds like you may have gotten some duplicate transactions causing the issue you're having. To start off here the first thing we may want to attempt here is to restore a backup to a previous point where our register was correct. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Once you've done this we'll want to try to try reconnecting the account again but we'll likely need to delete the duplicates. You should see on the left side all the new transactions will have a blue dot next to them. You should be able to click on the column header and it will sort the new transactions. Make sure not to delete any new transactions. Delete any of the transactions prior to the new ones including the new starting balance as well. I'll also leave steps on how to mass highlight down below. 

1. Click the first duplicate transaction to highlight it.
    2. While holding the Ctrl key on your keyboard, click each of the duplicate transactions in the register./ Hold Shift and click on the oldest duplicate transaction. This will highlight everything in-between.
    3. Once all the duplicate transactions are selected, right-click on any one of them and select Delete.
    Once you've had a chance to try this see if you're able to get the duplicates deleted and the account running again.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• sskdek
    sskdek Member
    Thank you, this worked
  • Quicken Francisco
    @sskdek

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that this worked for you. If you do run into any more issues please let us know so we're able to take another look. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco