Savings account some how turned into a Loan?

Options
I am not sure how this happened. I opened up one of my Savings accounts and for some reason Quicken thinks it is a loan. I have no idea how to fix this. Any suggestions?

If I look at "Account Details" it is calling it a Saving account,
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Steve Davis

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you go into Edit Account Details for this account (right-click the account in the Account Bar), what does it say about the Account Type?
    Also, is/was this account connected to a bank for downloading?
    Did you recently have a crash in Quicken?
    Did you just add this account? Or did you have to deactivate/reactivate accounts with this bank and mistakenly reactivated it to an incorrect bank account?
    Do you have recent backups of your data file, created before you first noticed this problem?
  • Steve Davis
    Steve Davis Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for replying.

1. If I go to Account Details it says that this account is a "Savings" account.
    2. This account is tied to a bank for downloading
    3. I have had Quicken Crash
    4. This is not a new account. Nor have a deactivated/reactive.
    4a. I have seen quicken randomly scramble account though. As example: I just had to re link account to my bank on another account.
    5. I do have backup files, I will have to see how far back they go. This is an account I dont use much so I am not sure when it changed. I have not gone back in my back up files.

If you have other suggestions please let me know!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Steve Davis

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.