Validating the Transaction file

Options
As I have many Categories, validating states that there are Duplicate Categories.
WHEN the validation feature notices the DUPLICATES, could they not also be shown in the LOG file?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    As I have many Categories, validating states that there are Duplicate Categories.
    WHEN the validation feature notices the DUPLICATES, could they not also be shown in the LOG file?

Unless you have previously suffered from crashes in Quicken which damaged your data file, there should be no duplicates in the Category table.
    You are correct. The log file should show the problem category. This has been reported previously, but somehow the programmers haven't gotten a round tuit yet ... ;-)
    Please perform the following procedure to attempt repairing your data file: Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unless you have previously suffered from crashes in Quicken which damaged your data file, there should be no duplicates in the Category table.
    You are correct. The log file should show the problem category. This has been reported previously, but somehow the programmers haven't gotten a round tuit yet ... ;-)
    Please perform the following procedure to attempt repairing your data file: Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

This discussion has been closed.