quicken just got unstable and keeps running

quicken for home and business

Best Answer

Answers

• charsicat
    charsicat Member
    I'm having the same issue - also Quicken (windows subscription) split credit card accounts and put all debits in one and all credits in the other.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @structural1

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Quicken. Could we get more details about what exactly is happening? Is the program flickering or are transactions being deleted? Is this with the most recent patch or did it become an issue today? 

Once you get a chance please let us know more so we're able to figure out exactly what's happening. From there we'll better understand our next steps.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• structural1
    structural1 Member
    it flickers for about 5 minutes then settles down
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @structural1

Thanks for the extra info. I'm wondering here if we might need to try the Mondo patch to see if that might help with the issue you're having. I'll leave steps down below on how to install the mondo patch.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know if you're able to remove the flickering.  From there we'll better understand our next steps.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I'm having the same issue. After update there is a series of flickering then stops after about 5-8 seconds. If any activity is performed during the flickering Quicken crashes. I tried the Mondo Patch and nothing changed. Problem still persists.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    rwmol said:
    I'm having the same issue. After update there is a series of flickering then stops after about 5-8 seconds. If any activity is performed during the flickering Quicken crashes. I tried the Mondo Patch and nothing changed. Problem still persists.

When exactly, does it "flicker"? What is Quicken doing or what are you doing at this moment?
    That "flickering" appears to me as if Windows is signalling "Task not responding" and changes screen size or makes it look to lose focus briefly, then Quicken responds again with a screen update and everything goes back to normal.

Since you reported crashes, please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified, even if you have done some of them before:

Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

This discussion has been closed.