Cleaning up old quicken files

Options
Mark248
Mark248 Member ✭✭
in reviewing my quicken files in my document folder, there are a dozen or so files from years 2018-2020 with file names of xxxxxOFXLOG.dat , xxxOFXOLD.DAT , xxxx_SyncLog.dat, xxx_OldSyncLog.dat . These are sitting alongside several folders: "BACKUP" (containing old .QDF and .QDF-backup files), "VALIDATE" (empty), "INET" (contains "COMMON" folder which is empty), "Log" (with 1 old file: CONNLOG.TXT), "Config" (empty), "GPUCache" (with old data_x unix files),
In a completely separate folder location resides my current qdata.QDF file alongside four data files qdataOFXOLD.DAT, qdataOFXLOG.DAT, qdata_Synclog.dat, data_OldSyncLog.dat all with today's date on them.
My question is what these older files and folders are for and if I need to retain them ?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Mark248

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your question. The files you're seeing in there are saved troubleshooting files that are created when opening/creating a file. If you were to delete them they will be remade after as well. That being said if you do have some files that you may not use anymore you can delete the additional files located in there as well.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.