How can I connect my Provident Bank mortgage?

Options
GLinde
GLinde Member
I have a mortgage via Provident Bank (https://www.provident.bank/) however when I try to link to that Quicken thinks it is a line of credit, and I don't see any way to link it to the mortgage account I have set up in Quicken.
If I set up a new account, it will default the type to line of credit. I've done that and then changed that over to a loan, however that does not have the history of my mortgage account.
Is there any way to connect my existing mortgage loan account to the bank's account?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @GLinde

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your mortgage. With downloading accounts there generally is not a way in order to change what the account is reported as in Quicken.

In this case I would recommend making a manual loan account and having the transactions from your payment account feed into the manual account. You'd set up a split transaction in the original mortgage payment where the principal goes directly to the loan account and you can add interest on top of that to finish out the payment on your primary account. The benefit of this would be that you're able to have more control over the account and make and changes as necessary. 

This is one option I'd recommend if you'd like to have the loan account in Quicken. I do apologize we're not able to download directly. If you do have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.