Bank of America HSA

I've seen other users with issues related to BofA HSA but different than mine so asking here. Trying to set up new account in Quicken. Selecting Savings->Bank of America - Health Account. Input ID and password, says contacting BofA, then says to enter verification code sent to my email. I am not receiving any verification code in email from BofA. I have security questions for my account, but I'm not prompted for those. I checked Spam folder, no email. I called BofA and they said they can't help with setting up access if not directly on their website and to contact Quicken. So...what do I do now? I don't have a verification code, BofA isn't sending me one, and I can't get past that screen.

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I use BofA HSA as well, but don't connect it to Quicken, so I did a test to see if I got the same behavior as you did if I tried to add the account to Quicken..... I got the email you describe very promptly (within a minute) .... have you checked the email address you have on account at BofA HSA? Is it the same email address you are currently using????  This may not be a Quicken or a BofA issue, but an issue with the email server (or email address) that you are operating on. 
  • RobG11
    RobG11 Member
    Thanks. Email looks ok, but I'll try using a different one.
  • RobG11
    RobG11 Member
    As it turns out, I had an old cellphone number in my profile. Quicken said the verification code was going to email, but it was actually going to the mobile number. Updated the mobile number and resolved.
This discussion has been closed.