Do I need a separate subscription for my Mom's bills or just a separate file?

Options
I am taking over my Mom's finances as she is no longer able to keep up with her bills etc. I have the Quicken subscription. Can I set up a separate file within my subscription or do I need to subscribe separately to set up her accounts? I will be using both regularly and do not want them mixed. Also, is there any issue with having them on one computer? (If so I could do my Mom's on a separate machine, I have both a Mac and Windows computer in my home office.)

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Larea

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue. You should be able to create a separate file for your mom's finances on your subscription. You can do this by going across the top to file > new. From there you should continue with setup.

Once you've finished the setup you'll be able to add your mom's accounts with whatever method you'd like. Your account will be separate and you'll be able to easily switch between files by going across the top to file > open recent > [File Name].

If you have any other questions please let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Larea

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue. You should be able to create a separate file for your mom's finances on your subscription. You can do this by going across the top to file > new. From there you should continue with setup.

Once you've finished the setup you'll be able to add your mom's accounts with whatever method you'd like. Your account will be separate and you'll be able to easily switch between files by going across the top to file > open recent > [File Name].

If you have any other questions please let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.