archive?

is there ever a reason to archive data in quicken deluxe? can the database get too big, such that it won't open? I have 2900 transactions, 5 years of data.

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Well, mine goes back to 1996 and is running fine.
    I don't keep attachments of the statements or receipts since the only way to get them out is one at a time via Quicken.
    The only known way for a file to get "too" big is if you are a day trader (or just do a lot of trading) and have lots of investment transactions and then it only slows down if you are doing something that involves those accounts.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Well, mine goes back to 1996 and is running fine.
    I don't keep attachments of the statements or receipts since the only way to get them out is one at a time via Quicken.
    The only known way for a file to get "too" big is if you are a day trader (or just do a lot of trading) and have lots of investment transactions and then it only slows down if you are doing something that involves those accounts.
  • mtatwo
    mtatwo Member ✭✭
    good to know. thank you!
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention, I do NOT use Quicken Mobile or Quicken Web.  I only work with Quicken on my Win10 Desktop computer and do Direct Connect and Web Connect downloads, no Express Web Connect, yes, doing WC vs EWC takes more time, but I have never had a corrupted data file.