How do I shrink the window which pops up when I select PRINT?
Pinkie Member ✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I just changed a setting in preferences and discovered it wasn't the report that has the problem! When I click to "print" the report, the window which pops up is too large to see on the screen--I cannot "see" the button to select "print", it is off the page and there is NO WAY to get to the top of the window nor the bottom of the window. I finally just hit "return" and it printed.
Font size problems? Display issues? (Windows)
If you are using a version of Quicken at the Quicken 2019 US R 19.44 patch level or newer and you have previously made the following Compatibility change, please undo the change.
Users of other Quicken versions please try the following:
- Close Quicken !!! (This process won't work while Quicken is running!)
- Check the Compatibility tab settings in your Quicken Desktop program icon:
- In the Windows Start Menu
right-click the Quicken icon. Select "Open File Location". This
brings up a Windows File Explorer window. Right-click the highlighted
Quicken shortcut line item.
- Go to the traditional Windows Desktop and right-click the Quicken program icon.
- Now click Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Uncheck all settings.
- Windows 7, 8.1: Check
"Disable display scaling on high DPI settings".
Windows 10: Check "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" and select "Application" (also try the other available options repeating the entire procedure!)
- Be sure to uncheck the "Run this program in compatibility mode for [older Windows version]" setting.
- Click the "Change settings for all users" button.
- Click Apply and exit.
- Now start Quicken and see if that makes a difference.
Some additional tuning suggestions:
- Try this workaround for 4k
- Unless absolutely required, try not to use "View / Use large fonts"
- Try setting the bank account registers to use a different font style or size: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, click the Fonts button and try different fonts.
- Try adjusting the bank account registers' row height: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, choose among the available Row Height choices: Compact, Comfortable or Standard
- If all else fails, try changing Windows Control Panel / Display options for "Make text and other items … smaller or larger" to use a different scaling level, but try not to exceed 125%
This discussion has been closed.