'Sharing' investing doesn't work for dates in the past

Options
jp42
jp42 Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
When I click on 'Investing' On left of window and 'portfolio' is selected, it shows all my investments. I can change the date and see what they were on a given date. Clear over on the right is a share icon. When I click that and select copy with lots to clipboard it copies as if the date were todays date. The report gives the date entered in the 'as of' field. Am I doing something wrong? How do I report this as a but?

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I just tried to replicate what you describe, but it works correctly for me.

Are you using version 6.2.1?

Here's what I did:
    • Click Investing in the left sidebar.
    • Set As of date to sometime in the past. 
    • Note Market Value of investments on the selected date.
    • Click Export icon in menu bar; select "Copy With Lots to Clipboard".
    • Open blank Excel document and Paste.
    • Scroll down and note all lot transaction dates are prior to As Of date.
    • Note value at the bottom of the Market Value column matches total on-screen Market Value total.
    I tried this with multiple As Of dates in the past: 12/31/2002, 12/31/2012, and 01/31/2021. In each case, the data exported to the clipboard and pasted into Excel matched what I saw onscreen for the date selected.

So I'm wondering what might be different between what I'm seeing and what you're describing. In the Portfolio filters, do you have the first one set to Portfolio Value? The second one could be set to Group By Account or Group By Security. the third could be set to All Investment Accounts, or a subset like Brokerage or Retirement. I tried various variations of those filters, and they all worked for me.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jp42
    jp42 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for your quick response - it does work as expected and as you state. I pasted the clipboard into a text doc and didn't save it therefor when I opened it, it was the clipboard for the last time I did it which was today. Problem between the chair and keyboard.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I just tried to replicate what you describe, but it works correctly for me.

Are you using version 6.2.1?

Here's what I did:
    • Click Investing in the left sidebar.
    • Set As of date to sometime in the past. 
    • Note Market Value of investments on the selected date.
    • Click Export icon in menu bar; select "Copy With Lots to Clipboard".
    • Open blank Excel document and Paste.
    • Scroll down and note all lot transaction dates are prior to As Of date.
    • Note value at the bottom of the Market Value column matches total on-screen Market Value total.
    I tried this with multiple As Of dates in the past: 12/31/2002, 12/31/2012, and 01/31/2021. In each case, the data exported to the clipboard and pasted into Excel matched what I saw onscreen for the date selected.

So I'm wondering what might be different between what I'm seeing and what you're describing. In the Portfolio filters, do you have the first one set to Portfolio Value? The second one could be set to Group By Account or Group By Security. the third could be set to All Investment Accounts, or a subset like Brokerage or Retirement. I tried various variations of those filters, and they all worked for me.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jp42
    jp42 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for your quick response - it does work as expected and as you state. I pasted the clipboard into a text doc and didn't save it therefor when I opened it, it was the clipboard for the last time I did it which was today. Problem between the chair and keyboard.
This discussion has been closed.