How far back do transactions go?

After having to update to Quicken R33.24 (build 27.1.33.24) from Quicken 2014, when I downloaded my transactions from my bank, I got the message that there was too much data to store in the cloud. Previously my Quicken data went back to 2013. Now, only back to 2019. How can I get ALL my transactions imported into Quicken?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Neafus

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the cloud. The cloud is separate from Quicken when it comes to storing transactions. The cloud is what the mobile and web use in order to see transactions on the go. That lets your view transactions as far back as May 1st, 2017. This is why you're receiving the message.

As for your file itself are you having difficulty importing from a missing period? It sounds like there might be a gap in your data which could be the problem you're having. Or did you recent import from a previous version of Quicken and are missing data?

Once you get a chance let us know more! From there we'll see what our best option is

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    After upgrading from Q 2014 to Q Subscription (aka Q 2021) on your desktop, did you open the Quicken data file created by Q 2014? Or did you start from scratch, with a new, empty data file?
    Q Subscription should have been able to open and convert your old version's data file seamlessly, allowing you to continue where you left off.
  • Neafus
    Neafus Member
    Quicken Francisco, thanks for the info. I have been downloading transactions from my bank into Quicken since 2013. And after looking at what was downloaded along with the categories of my version, this may actually be better for me. I'm thinking almost a redo or "clean slate" start.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Neafus

Thanks for the update. Ultimately the choice is up to what you want to do but if you do feel like making a clean slate you can always store your previous file for historical purposes. If you do have any questions about what to do please let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco