Using A Completely Different Account File

I have my own Quicken account. I am also the admin for the camera club's Quicken account. I currently access the camera club's account file via my personal Quicken account, using a different password for the club's files.

I had to reinstall Windows10 on a different laptop. I reinstalled Quicken on that laptop. I attempted to access the club's files on that laptop, using a restored file that was previously saved on an external hard drive. For some reason, Quicken defaulted to my personal login. I tried using a different login ID, i.e. the club's login ID. Quicken didn't recognize it.

I don't understand why Quicken was asking me to log into the account, since I was using the club's account file which is password protected, and I was using the club's password for that file. When I downloaded Quicken to the different laptop I wasn't asked to set up an account, with various account identifiers, e.g. email, password, and so on.

I an not using cloud storage.

I am trying to set up a separate login/password, using completely different account files, on a different laptop -- I am hitting walls every time I try.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Eugene Apicella

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your file. I'm wondering here if we might be able to change it after we sign in. I would recommend trying to load into the file with your personal account. After it's loaded in you'll want to sign out and sign in to the other account. I'll leave steps on how to sign out down below.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Eugene Apicella
    Eugene Apicella Member ✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Thanks for your suggestion. I managed to solve the problem -- I simply logged into the club's Quicken account, and I downloaded the software. That enabled me to start from the beginning, but using the club's login and password. It appears that I am now able to use Quicken on the different laptop without any issues.
This discussion has been closed.