how to correct cleared balances on reconcile window (Q Mac)

MacMc
MacMc Member ✭✭
Trying to find an error while reconciling my account. Tried to go back a few months and now the reconciled balances are COMPLETLEY out of whack. How to fix this?

Best Answer

• MacMc
    MacMc Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Alright, I have reconciled my account. I decided it must have been from an entry that was accidentally deleted. I went ahead and added the variance, with a note of explanation. Thank you for your offer of help!

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MacMc

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize for the issue you are having. To better assist you I need a few more details. For instance, are you reconciling using paper statements or an online balance? Do you have any adjustments or opening balance(s)? Is your balance in deficit or surplus?

Once more details are provided we can move forward with diagnosing the issue. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • MacMc
    MacMc Member ✭✭
    I reconcile to the paper statements. I avoid ever making adjustments. This is a credit card account, so the system doesn't remember the last balance as it does when reconciling checking accounts. Not sure which direction the error is in....will try to figure it out...
  • MacMc
    MacMc Member ✭✭
    When I go back and type in the numbers for the most recent month that I have reconciled [April 27, 2021], as if I were going to redo it, the cleared balance is $10.01 LESS than the statement ending balance.
  • MacMc
    MacMc Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Alright, I have reconciled my account. I decided it must have been from an entry that was accidentally deleted. I went ahead and added the variance, with a note of explanation. Thank you for your offer of help!
This discussion has been closed.