Investment Account Bought Shares Showing Up As Negative Interest Income in Planning Tab

When I buy shares in my investment account, a negative cash amount is showing up as negative interest income in Planning. Anyone know how to stop this from happening?

Example: I buy 100 shares at $25 a share in January. "Action" in my fidelity account is showing as "Bought". Investment amount is showing as +$2500. Cash amount is showing as -$2500. Cash Balance column for the fidelity account goes down by $2500. I'm thinking all is good.

However, when I go over to the Planning Tab, under personal income, I'm showing the interest income line as -$2500 (negative) for the month.

Tried changing "bought" to "shares added" - it overstates the portfolio value by the $2500.

This isn't just for Fidelity - happening in some other investment accounts as well. Anyone else having this issue? If so, how did you resolve it?

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    how are you paying for the transaction, in other words how are you zeroing out the ($2500) ? if you don't "pay' for the transaction, then it would make sense that for planning purposes, something has to be reduced by $2500, hence the negative $2500 for interest income. 

the way to 'solve it' is to bring in cash to cover the $2500 used to pay for the investment, i.e. the cash columns is zero. 
This discussion has been closed.