Show reminders causes incorrect account balance and duplicate register entries

Options
Long time (1997) Quicken user. I have a weekly online repeating payment. When I turn on "show reminders" as a register preference, multiple instances of the repeating payment show up in the register for each future week. Only one instance has an actual check number, however each instance is subtracted from the account balance shown in the register and the account bar. When I turn off "show reminders" as a register preference, the duplicate register entries disappear and the account balance becomes correct. I have validated. I have super-validated. NO ERRORS are being returned.

Best Answer

• Ed Mahoney
    Ed Mahoney Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Update. I found this exact same repeating online payment in my bills and reminders, and there were two identical versions. I decided to delete both of them. When I updated payment information with my bank, I got an error that the online payment could not be found - not a surprise because there was really only one at the bank. Now, I have only one version of the repeating online payment, but it cannot be deleted or updated. I used "ctrl" delete in the bills and reminders list, and was able to force-delete the orphan.

I turned on show reminders for the next 14 days for this account register.

At this point, I have a clean register, no duplicate instances of the repeating payment. There was still one instance of the next payment because it had been too late to delete it the July 13th payment - BUT the duplicate of the the July 13th payment was gone.

I re-created the online repeating payment starting at July 20th and updated payment information with my bank. Success!

My register is still clean with no duplicate entries, even though I am now showing reminders.

Answers

• Ed Mahoney
    Ed Mahoney Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Update. I found this exact same repeating online payment in my bills and reminders, and there were two identical versions. I decided to delete both of them. When I updated payment information with my bank, I got an error that the online payment could not be found - not a surprise because there was really only one at the bank. Now, I have only one version of the repeating online payment, but it cannot be deleted or updated. I used "ctrl" delete in the bills and reminders list, and was able to force-delete the orphan.

I turned on show reminders for the next 14 days for this account register.

At this point, I have a clean register, no duplicate instances of the repeating payment. There was still one instance of the next payment because it had been too late to delete it the July 13th payment - BUT the duplicate of the the July 13th payment was gone.

I re-created the online repeating payment starting at July 20th and updated payment information with my bank. Success!

My register is still clean with no duplicate entries, even though I am now showing reminders.
This discussion has been closed.