I need to know how to get Capital One to sync to correct checking account?

I have had CapOne 360 checking as the label in quicken forever. Now Capitol One wants to link to a new name, rather that where I have my history

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @revama

Thank you for taking the time to post in the community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

To ensure we are understanding the situation correctly, you have a checking account with Capital One 360 and have previously enabled this account for downloading in Quicken, under the CapOne 360 name, is that correct?

If so, are you receiving any type of error message or code when attempting to update the account?  

Or, was the checking account deactivated from downloading, and you are now trying to reactivate the connection and the account name shown in the Add Account window does not match the name of the account already in Quicken?

The more information you are able to provide about what is happening or what steps you may have already taken will help the community to better understand and provide relevant troubleshooting steps or suggestions.

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • revama
    revama Member ✭✭
    The latter. I did need to reset and now Capital One is creating new accounts instead of syncing to the existing ones
  • Mark McKenzie
    Mark McKenzie Member ✭✭
    I also have had similar a similar problem with quicken creating new accounts instead of resetting my existing Capital One credit card account. The problem went away after I disabled all accounts from cloud sync, then disabled cloud sync, restarted quicken and then reset/activated the Capital One account one more time. And this time, it worked fine, relinked the account and downloaded all transactions. Don't know if this would work for you but you might want to try.
  • revama
    revama Member ✭✭
    it seems to be working, although I keep getting a "fix it" message!