Problem with Quicken - after Backup can't re-open Quicken file - have to re-boot

JoseM
JoseM Member ✭✭
Whenever Quicken does a backup either automatic or manual, if I quit the program and want to reopen it later, it will tell me it cannot open the Quicken file. I have to reboot the computer in order to reopen the file. I am not using the cloud to sync my files because every time i reopen windows in the computer, it messes up the different accounts.

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Are you getting a "file in use" error message when trying to restart Quicken?
    Are you using Dropbox, MS OneDrive or any other cloud backup program?
    And if so, do you allow this cloud backup to access your active Quicken data file?
    You should configure this cloud backup program to NOT directly access the Quicken data file. Instead, set it to copy the backup file which Quicken creates and send it to the cloud instead.
  • JoseM
    JoseM Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    :) Yes! That took care of the problem. Thanks a lot!

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Are you getting a "file in use" error message when trying to restart Quicken?
    Are you using Dropbox, MS OneDrive or any other cloud backup program?
    And if so, do you allow this cloud backup to access your active Quicken data file?
    You should configure this cloud backup program to NOT directly access the Quicken data file. Instead, set it to copy the backup file which Quicken creates and send it to the cloud instead.
  • JoseM
    JoseM Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    :) Yes! That took care of the problem. Thanks a lot!
This discussion has been closed.