how to get a warning before entering a transaction into the same account

Options
where do i find the preference for a 'warning' when entering a catagory that is to same account ? i seem to recall this in the past but no longer get this warning. thank you for your help

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GO2 said:
    where do i find the preference for a 'warning' when entering a catagory that is to same account ? i seem to recall this in the past but no longer get this warning. thank you for your help

Do you mean you're recording a transaction into your "MyChecking" account with Category = "[MyChecking]"?
    And the "transfer back into the same account" warning doesn't pop up any longer?
    Try resetting the Quicken warnings in Edit / Preferences / Alerts & Messages.
    I'm not sure if this takes effect immediately or if a Quicken restart is necessary.
    Also please review the settings in Preferences / Notify, just in case some settings changed on you.
  • GO2
    GO2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Brillant! the reset worked (closed quicken program and reopened), thank you. any suggetion on how to find/sort for transactions that were entered into the same account?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GO2 said:
    Brillant! the reset worked (closed quicken program and reopened), thank you. any suggetion on how to find/sort for transactions that were entered into the same account?

Hmmm ... how about
    • Sort register by Category (doesn't work for Split category transactions)
    • Edit / Find/Replace to find all Category = [MyChecking], including splits, then carefully select and change the ones you need to change.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can sort by most of the columns in the register just by clicking on the column heading.  Like payee/description or date or category.  To filter, there are some filter settings at the top of the register.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.