Year End Copy

Options
SammyGee
SammyGee Member
I want to process an EOY closeout and just have current year's transactions in register. I googled how to do this (File Menu, File Operations, Year-End Copy) but that option isn't in the file menu. I'm running version 34.24, Build 27.1.34.24

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @SammyGee

Yes, the menu changed a little bit. 

Just go to:
    1) File;
    2) Copy of Backup File;
    3) and under "Advanced Options" - select "Create a year-end archive" and select "Next";
    4) In the next window under "Current File" you can select what the start date for your new "working file";
    5) and at the bottom, first make sure the file location for the new archive is correct;
    6) and finally - you can choose the end date for the Archive file and click "Save Archive".

Let me know if you have any questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @SammyGee

Yes, the menu changed a little bit. 

Just go to:
    1) File;
    2) Copy of Backup File;
    3) and under "Advanced Options" - select "Create a year-end archive" and select "Next";
    4) In the next window under "Current File" you can select what the start date for your new "working file";
    5) and at the bottom, first make sure the file location for the new archive is correct;
    6) and finally - you can choose the end date for the Archive file and click "Save Archive".

Let me know if you have any questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• SammyGee
    SammyGee Member
    Options
    Instructions on Quicken website needs to be updated
  • Enock PioUlle
    Options
    It simply doesn't work. Both files, backup and working keep the same data. It used to work fine in earlier versions of Quicken. Not anymore.
This discussion has been closed.