Year End Copy

SammyGee
SammyGee Member
I want to process an EOY closeout and just have current year's transactions in register. I googled how to do this (File Menu, File Operations, Year-End Copy) but that option isn't in the file menu. I'm running version 34.24, Build 27.1.34.24

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @SammyGee

Yes, the menu changed a little bit. 

Just go to:
    1) File;
    2) Copy of Backup File;
    3) and under "Advanced Options" - select "Create a year-end archive" and select "Next";
    4) In the next window under "Current File" you can select what the start date for your new "working file";
    5) and at the bottom, first make sure the file location for the new archive is correct;
    6) and finally - you can choose the end date for the Archive file and click "Save Archive".

Let me know if you have any questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @SammyGee

Yes, the menu changed a little bit. 

Just go to:
    1) File;
    2) Copy of Backup File;
    3) and under "Advanced Options" - select "Create a year-end archive" and select "Next";
    4) In the next window under "Current File" you can select what the start date for your new "working file";
    5) and at the bottom, first make sure the file location for the new archive is correct;
    6) and finally - you can choose the end date for the Archive file and click "Save Archive".

Let me know if you have any questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• SammyGee
    SammyGee Member
    Instructions on Quicken website needs to be updated
  • It simply doesn't work. Both files, backup and working keep the same data. It used to work fine in earlier versions of Quicken. Not anymore.
This discussion has been closed.