How can I ensure that all of my bank accounts are updated in Quicken?

Options
I have set up 8 bank accounts (all at the same bank) in Quicken—2 of my bank accounts, 1 cash reserve account, 2 of my wife's accounts, and 3 joint accounts. However, Quicken is only including 2 accounts in One Step Updates—one of my checking accounts and my cash reserve account. How can I activate the other accounts so they are all included in One Step Updates? (When investigating this problem, a message was briefly displayed that said something along the lines that the update settings needed to be deactivated in another Quicken data file in order to be activated in this file. I had set up an earlier Quicken data file to learn the basics of Quicken but then stopped using it and created the one I am using now. I do not recall how that message was generated and can't find it again.)

Best Answer

• Eric L Dahl
    Eric L Dahl Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I resolved this problem by changing the Transaction Download method from "Direct Connect" to "Express Web Connect" for all of these bank accounts. When this process was completed, all of the accounts were updated successfully, except one. Instead of this account being updated, a new Quicken account was created for this bank account for some reason. The downloaded transactions only go back to 4/28/2021, instead of 1/1/2021 as in the original account, but it won't be too burdensome to manually download the missing transactions from my bank and import them into Quicken.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just to clarify - What version ..... Help --> About Quicken
    1 - What bank do you have all these accounts ?
    2 - Looking at the .. Quicken top menu --> Tools --> Account List -
    3 - Are all your accounts listed ?
    4 - What is listed under the "Transaction Download" column for each account ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Eric L Dahl
    Eric L Dahl Member
    Options
    I am using Quicken for Windows Premier Version: R34.24.

The bank is Union Bank (www.unionbank.com). Note: on the Quicken “Add Account” panel, Union Bank has a specific link for “Union Bank – Quicken.”

All my accounts at Union Bank are listed on the Quicken top menu --> Tools --> Account List.

Under the "Transaction Download" column on the Account List, “Yes (Direct Connect)” is listed for each account.

When I click "Edit" for one of these accounts and then select "Online Services," the settings under "Online setup" '[Account name] is set up for transaction download" and "Automatic entry is" On." Clicking the "Reset Account" button on this panel does not appear to have an effect.
  • Eric L Dahl
    Eric L Dahl Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I resolved this problem by changing the Transaction Download method from "Direct Connect" to "Express Web Connect" for all of these bank accounts. When this process was completed, all of the accounts were updated successfully, except one. Instead of this account being updated, a new Quicken account was created for this bank account for some reason. The downloaded transactions only go back to 4/28/2021, instead of 1/1/2021 as in the original account, but it won't be too burdensome to manually download the missing transactions from my bank and import them into Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.