Alerts - You haven’t downloaded transactions in over 30 days

Options
BK
BK Member ✭✭✭✭
I noticed the following set of alerts under Tools > Alerts Center > Show All tab:
Online Banking: You haven't downloaded transactions for Schwab in over 30 days.
… and repeated for only and every investment account.
I know the alert can be disabled via the checkbox under Setup tab > General > Reminders > Online transactions
Transactions have been downloaded on a weekly basis for the said accounts.  Once I delete the alerts and perform an OSU, the same alerts show up again.  So what is triggering the alert?  (I don't use the alerts feature so it is not a big deal at all, but just curious).  TIA

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
- I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't really answer your question, but it "sort of works for me", but there are some strange things going on.  I suspect this one of the rarely used features that hasn't been updated in years.

The only account it alerted on my wife's Macy's credit card (note I have download this account today).

Looking at different account I see this:

Looking at the account I see this, which would suggest that the alert is correct in the sense that it looks like it picked up this information.

The date is in fact the date of the last transaction in that account, not the last download like it says.

And clicking on the "downloaded" link in the alert takes me to the Online Center and if I select the Macy's account I see this:

No date/time.  If I look at another financial institution like Vanguard:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Chris_QPW , Do you have a non-zero value under the transaction column for any accounts - see screenshot?  ALL of my accounts (bank, CC, inv) show zero transactions although I downloaded transactions prior to the screenshot (which I had never given any attention to it till today).  This is a mystery since the described alert is only for my investment accounts and every one of them.  But like I said it is unimportant.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have zero for all transactions, but that is expected.

People might believe that their transactions go either the Downloaded Transactions tab or into the register depending on the automatic transaction entry mode, but that isn't what actually happens.

They go to the Online Center.  The Downloaded Transaction tab seems just present what is in the Online Center for that account.  Once one accepts the transactions in the Downloaded Transactions tab (or it is done automatically) then they leave the Online Center and go into the register.  If you look at your Online Center before you accept them into the register you will see them there.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you @Chris_QPW .
    So what is triggering the alerts remain unresolved.
    FYI this is on a two month old install on a new laptop, deleted & recreated dataset file.  Further, same alerts also appear on my other laptop on a separate super-validated small test file with the latest Q version.  So it is not a datafile issue.  Most likely a sporadic user-specific abnormality (I never claimed to be normal) and therefore I will toggle off that specific setting.  Unless any other other ideas, moving on and Quicken may close this if they wish.  Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.