Syncing Quicken Windows and Quicken Cloud
edited May 2022 in Using Quicken on the Web
I just tried to sync Quicken for Windows with the Cloud. The sync went smoothly and the numbers are close, but they're not the same. Shouldn't a sync result in a mirror-image of accounts and balances? Banking accounts were exactly the same, but most investment accounts had discrepancies. Is there a trick or technique to getting this right?
Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the mobile sync. It should be in line with your accounts on your computer as well. In the case they're not like here we can try some troubleshooting to try correcting the issue. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.
Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program
- Go to Edit > Preferences > mobile & webq
- Click Reset your cloud data.
Step 2: After resetting your cloud data
You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:
- Open the Quicken Mobile App.
- Tap the Menu icon in the upper left.
- Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen.
- Sign back in with the same Quicken ID.
Once you get a chance to try these steps please let us know if the accounts are synced properly. From there we'll understand our next steps.
Quicken Francisco - thanks for your response. Weird things happened when completing these steps.
1. Resetting the cloud data completely erased the data relating to investment accounts (as expected).
2. Bank account data remained after the reset (unexpected). What's particularly surprising about that is that these were the only accounts that previously were synced correctly. Now they remain (when i assume they should also have been erased) and they're not correct.
3. Logged out and back in - synced to the cloud again - still only bank accounts, and still not quite right.
4. Repeated all steps again with the same result.
Finally got Quicken Windows and Quicken Cloud synced - sorta. In order to achieve this, in windows I had to delete all my accounts from syncing - mobile&web>go to mobile & web>click on the preference bars (upper right corner) >preferences>accounts - click on accounts and uncheck each.
Then syncing cleared out the cloud account (logged out and in again). I tried then to add all of the accounts, re-sync, log out of the cloud and in again, but this was not effective - random accounts were added or not. In the end, each account needed to be added separately, synced and the cloud updated. Though tedious, this did result in a complete listing of accounts - with totals equal to the windows file to within 3 cents. Close enough but not accurate.
Though small, this is a serious problem for me. An unexplained difference of 3 cents today could be $1,000 tomorrow. I'm very disappointed with Quicken Cloud.0
curious: what is the benefit of Quicken Cloud? What do you use it for?0
Hi Mark1104 - my hope is that it will give me access to account information and transaction details when I'm not in front of my windows desktop. More broadly, it would make quicken device-independent: desktop, tablet, phone. As stated above, for me it is now just an approximation of reality.0
This discussion has been closed.