Paypal Duplication on Uploaded Transactions

artistwantab
artistwantab Member
I don't know what is going on but I went to quicken and upload latest transactions and I am getting tons of duplication.

Lots of people online asking how to have this fixed but I couldn't find a solid answer but to manually delete them.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @artistwantab

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. Just to clarify when you state you uploaded transactions are you referring to importing a file from your financial institution? Or are you referring to downloading them from the One Step Update?

If they were downloaded using the One Step Update we can take a further look into the duplicated transactions and troubleshoot or escalated as needed. If they were imported using a QFX file then deleting them manually would be best.

For instructions and further information regarding duplicate transactions click here

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • This the response from paypal...

If happens at both the import via a QIF and also via the one step. I tried both because to see if I need to stop using one step for paypal.

Hi Elio. I can understand your confusion. Upon review of the statement. There is an authorization and completed payment per transaction. An authorization gives a seller permission to debit your PayPal account to pay for something.

For most purchases, the merchant will complete the payment within a few days of receiving the order. For purchases of goods, many sellers will complete the payment when they are ready to ship your items. For some purchases, such as services, rentals, or hotel stays, the merchant will complete the payment after the service is fully delivered. This will show as a completed payment. In the end, there is only one payment.

Please reach out to Quicken for assistance in only calculating the completed payment.
This discussion has been closed.