Budget Actuals are not updating

After doing an one step update and accepting new credit card charges and bank activity, I click on the planning tab to see how I'm actually doing against my budget. However, recently, the newly accepted charges and activities are not being updated in my actuals in the budget. I find I have to close Quicken and then reopen it to get the budget category actuals to update. Am I doing something wrong or is this a known issue?
Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @difficultrun

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your budget. That is odd that it's not updating with any of your transactions. I'm wondering here if we might need to duplicate the budget and see if a similar issue happens. 

You should be able to do this in the budget screen then by clicking budget actions in the top right you'll find an option that says duplicate this budget. You can name it then accept. In the top left now make sure you're on the new budget and double check if we're getting updated actuals. If we are we should be ok to go back to the primary budget and delete it.

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find. From there we'll understand our next options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    May I ask if ...
    • the new transactions are correctly categorized?
    • the account(s) of these transactions have been added to the budget? (Budget view, Budget Actions button, Select accounts to budget)
    • do you have more than one named budget table (e.g., Budget 1, Budget 2, ...) and you are looking at the correct budget table?
    • the budget view has the correct month and the current year (2021) selected?
    Just checking ...
  • difficultrun
    difficultrun Member ✭✭
    UKR,
    Yes the transactions are correctly categorized after I close Quicken and then relaunch the application. It's just when I go from one step update and accept each transaction and then click on the planning tab to show the budget -- the latest transactions (which I just downloaded and accepted) are not included in my budget actual numbers. The categories are also selected to show in the budget. I do have more than one budget, but I have the correct budget displayed. Finally, I use the annual view which shows all months in the year.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If everything's working the way it's supposed to, the budget should immediately show updated results for every transaction you add, change or delete.

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order. Crashes or killing Quicken may damage the file.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified, even if you have done some of them before:
    Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

• PopBigGuy
    PopBigGuy Member
    I've got the same problem. When a new month starts, it drops the balance and starts with budget amount only! Not all of them, but a select few.
This discussion has been closed.