Quicken entering old memos on check memo line

Options
When I enter something in the memo line in a check, Quicken frequently replaces my entry with a previous entry on the printed check

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?  
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    What is your subscription expiration date?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    I must admit, I've never heard of something like that. And, recording a new register transaction or filling out a check form in the Write and Print Checks dialog, this has never happened to me.
    Please describe what, exactly, you are doing and when this happens. If possible, attach screen snapshots of what's happening. Drag and drop the image into the Comment box of your reply.
    The only time I have ever seen Quicken change the Memo text in a transaction is when you download transactions and accept/match the downloaded transaction to an existing register transaction where Memo text in the register is blank. If there already is text in the Memo field, a downloaded Memo text cannot overwrite existing Memo text.