GE Stock Split 1 for 8

Options
I am running Win 10 and Quicken Premier. When I went to update it picked up the stock split. In the end I received and even number of shares 274 via my Brokerage Etrade. Due to dividend reinvestment Quicken shows a slight difference .954211 shares. I did not have a cash in lieu transaction in etrade. I do not just not want to remove the small fractional share . Has anyone else experienced and solved the issue ?
Jeff

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    " In the end I received and even number of shares 274 via my Brokerage Etrade."
    Yes, that's to be expected because no fractional shares were issued.  But you are "due" those fractional shares and that's what the CIL is for.  I haven't received a CIL (from Schwab) either but my Holdings window shows XX.1459 number of shares because that's how many shares I'm owed and when the CIL shows up I'll sell that .1456 of a share for a gain or loss.
    "Due to dividend reinvestment Quicken shows a slight difference .954211 shares."
    That's unclear and I don't think it's relevant.  If you used a StkSplit action in the transaction that recorded the split then the math is simple enough, if the number of shares shown in the Holdings window just before the split was correct.  If you go back to a date immediately before the split on 7/30 (which occurred after trading hours) and divide that number by 8, what's the new number of shares, including the fraction, you should have received?  I'm guessing it wasn't a nice even 2,192 shares, it probably was a few shares higher than that, which would result in a fractional share due.