How to get 401k to reconcile properly

Options
scale
scale Member
I have linked my Schwab 401k to Quicken, but it only syncs the biweekly share purchases, not the credits that come in from my paycheck for the purchases. This makes my balances get off every time. Is there any way to fix this?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    HI @scale,

The "other half" of the transaction - as you say "the credits that come in from my paycheck for the purchases" need to be entered as part of your paycheck transaction.  Each payroll/paycheck transaction that you record in Quicken should have those 401k withholdings going into your 401k account.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    HI @scale,

The "other half" of the transaction - as you say "the credits that come in from my paycheck for the purchases" need to be entered as part of your paycheck transaction.  Each payroll/paycheck transaction that you record in Quicken should have those 401k withholdings going into your 401k account.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• scale
    scale Member
    Options
    Thank you, Frankx, that is good to know. I appreciate your response.
This discussion has been closed.