Register Sort Order - Secondary Sort

Randy Storey
Randy Storey Quicken Windows 2017 Member ✭✭
I sort my registers by date. In noticed that multiple transactions enter on one date will show a negative balance based the sort order.

For example the following transactions on the same date one date.

Date Check Nr Clr Payment Deposit Balance
8/10/2021 BALANCE R 500.00 500.00
8/13/2021 Sched 3000.00 -2500.00
8/13/2021 TXFR 2000.00 -4500.00
8/13/2021 DEP R 5000.00. 500.00

The order in which they were entered as the deposit which is resolved and then the two payment transactions. As you can see the line by line balances show that the account had a negative balance because it sorts the transactions solely by the date and it appears there is a secondary sort order that is not apparent in which the cleared and reconciled is always placed last.

I'm I sorting the register wrong?
Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was previously discussed (and answered) in the Community, e.g., https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20189012#Comment_20189012
    Until the programmers get around to implementing this, there's nothing we can do but hope.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Among the customization options pulldowns should be a sort criterion of Date/Order Entered. But relying on that selections then requires you to be rigorous about entering and accepting transactions in your desired order. That is more than I am prepared for. The infrequent intra-day apparent overdraft is not a problem.