Can't save the transaction on Banking Account after Name change of an Investing Account

hcwong88
hcwong88 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
I changed the name of one investing account last month, via Edit Account, how ever Quicken did not display the new name, but keeping the old name on the account list. I have no choice but continue using the old account name. What's bothering me is when I transferred money from my banking account to this investing account a week ago, everything worked well as usual, until I added remark on Memo column or cleared flag on the Clr column. Quicken did not accept when I saved the transaction and said the investing account was a new and asked me to add a new account on the account list. What surprised me was that when I open that investing account that received the money, and added the Clear flag on the Clr column, there was no problem at all. There is also no problem on other Money Transfer transactions from banking accounts to other investing accounts, except this particular investing account which I had tried to change the account name.
What went wrong and how do I work around it except not to add Cleared flag on money transfer transaction to this investing account?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    From your description, it sounds like the rename took affect but the Account List did not update.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Troubleshoot+a+damaged+Quicken+data+file
  • hcwong88
    I have the same thought too. Problem is I forgot when I tried to rename that account and I even forgot the new name I was trying to name, and each day I back up the data file, it overwrote the previous one. Therefore, restoring from the previous backup file would not help. I don't want to reenter all the investing transactions neither. Since everything seems working including reports, except that I was not able to raise Cleared flag on money transfer into this investing account.
  • hcwong88
    @Sherlock After reading other discussions and comments on this Community, I realize that there is an Account list under the Transfer section in the Category List. I looked at the account list under Transfers in the Category List, I found that particular Investing account was not in the list, but was in the Account List. Therefore I can do Transfer Money within Quicken, select from and to which accounts shown on the account list drop down menu. However, after the transaction is entered, if I raise Cleared flag or add memo, I have to Save before I leave that transaction, at that time Quicken looks at the list in the Transfers accounts with [xxxxxx] and finds the receiving account does not exist, and asks me to add new account. Will I fix this issue by adding the account in the Transfers account list, and how to do that, bear in mind I have that account in the "real" Account List. Thanks.