Quicken Cloud Sync Changing Opening Balances.

Comments

• shackelford
    shackelford Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Quicken Cloud Sync repeatedly changes my opening balances. I turn Cloud Sync off and something in the software turns it back on. I've been using Quicken for over 25 years and have extremely complicated finances. Every time this happens it takes me 10s of hours to identify the problem and fix it. I do not want cloud sync, I do not need cloud sync. [Removed - Rant/Unhelpful]
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @shackelford

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your mobile sync. I apologize for the late response. I'm wondering here to prevent the issue from happening again one thing that we can do is with the sync on make sure that all accounts aren't selected. This should prevent the issue from happening again. 

First you may want to save a backup incase of any errors. You can do so by going across the top to file > Copy or Backup file > Create a complete backup.

To do this you'll want to activate the sync by going across the top to edit > preferences > Mobile & Web > Sync On. From here once on you'll see right below it is accounts: (x) of (x) eligible accounts enabled. Click on this blue section and it should bring up all of your accounts. Make sure all of them are deselected. Once this is done it should sync and you should be able to turn the sync off again. It will remember your previous settings if it were to turn on causing none of your accounts to sync with the cloud.

Ideally after this we shouldn't have any more trouble with the cloud. If you have any questions please let me know so we can take a look.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco