Exporting a "QuickReport by Category" to Numbers in Mac (2007)?

woofman2
woofman2 Member
How to export a "QuickReport by Category" in Quicken for Mac 2007 (v.16.2.4) to Numbers in Mac?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    • Create the report
    • File > Export
    • Select Report
    • Select Format: MS Excel
    The resulting file can be opened in Numbers.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • woofman2
    woofman2 Member
    Many thanks, jacobs. I followed your advice but the data appeared in Numbers scrambled, so I opened the file in OpenOffice and it looked correct.

Now to figure out what format to Save the OpenOffice file in so that I can open it in Numbers.
  • jacobs
    I'm sure OpenOffice must offer to be able to save a spreadsheet as .xls, doesn't it? That should then open fine in Numbers. 
  • woofman2
    woofman2 Member
    I can save the spreadsheet in .xis, but when I try to open it in Numbers the data is scrambled.
  • jacobs
    Did you try changing something after opening in OpenOffice, then doing a Save As to save a new .xls file?

Does OpenOffice save as .xlsx?
  • woofman2
    woofman2 Member
    "Did you try changing something after opening in OpenOffice, then doing a Save As to save a new .xls file?"
    I did, but when I tried opening it in Numbers got an error message that the document was created with an unsupported version of Excel – I used Excel5.0. So tried Excel 97 and got same error, then tried saving in Excel 95 and it worked!

Thank YOU again for your help, jacobs. You're a peach!
This discussion has been closed.