Server down error? Try to log in with bad password is blocked by server?

Options
:# What's Up? The server isn't working for my login to activate the software I have paid for, but the server works well enough to block my attempt to log in with a bad password? Not sure what's going on, but it's kind of frustrating... and when I contact support during their hours, will I be speaking to the same script readers it seems every other tech outfit is now using?

Best Answer

• TheJordan
    TheJordan Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken Francisco - thanks for getting back! After I installed and couldn't get in, I uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times and now seems to be A-O-K.

The new version was installed onto a computer the my husband had one time had an installation on, and managed to mess everythign up. I wanted a clean install, but for some reason all of the messed up accounts / categories / auto fills, etc keep coming up. Is there a way to get rid of those and start with clean data / clean categories / clean everything? Like a brand new - "I've never used this before" type of installation?

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @TheJordan

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your program. Are you getting a repeated sign in message? If so is it a small pop up? I'm not sure where exactly the issue is so we'll need more information on what exactly you're seeing.

With some more information we'll be able to see if we can resolve the issue. Let us know more once you get the chance.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• TheJordan
    TheJordan Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken Francisco - thanks for getting back! After I installed and couldn't get in, I uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times and now seems to be A-O-K.

The new version was installed onto a computer the my husband had one time had an installation on, and managed to mess everythign up. I wanted a clean install, but for some reason all of the messed up accounts / categories / auto fills, etc keep coming up. Is there a way to get rid of those and start with clean data / clean categories / clean everything? Like a brand new - "I've never used this before" type of installation?

Thank you in advance.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @TheJordan

Glad to hear it's working now. The install of Quicken and the files are separate from each other meaning if you uninstall Quicken the file will still be there. That being said you can make a new file that will help you get a fresh start. You can do so by going across the top to file > new Quicken file. From here you can navigate making a fresh file. 

From here you should be able to work a new file. If you have any questions or issues please let us know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco