Pottery Barn/Capital One Credit Card

Pottery Barn (and related companies like Williams Sonoma) moved from Commity Bank to Capital One credit cards as of today (August 23). I see there are some issues adding Capital One to Quicken but there are also several Capital One options (e.g. Capital One 360, Capital One Credit Card) for payees in Quicken. Which is the right option to use and is Capital One still an issue as a Quicken payee generally?

Comments

• gspalding
    gspalding Member ✭✭
    Same problem with Williams-Sonoma. Tried all bank options and didn't work
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @GIWalt

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. There is currently an ongoing issue with Capital One Card Services and similar instances. We are aware of this issue and are working on a solution. I would recommend bookmarking the post in the link below to be updated on any information regarding this issue. Again I apologize for the inconvenience. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7897908/new-8-17-21-capital-one-card-services-returns-cc-501-error#latest

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma  
  • Sof
    Sof Member ✭✭
    Same problem with Williams Sonoma. Tried all options and didn't work. when using Capital One 360 it gives only the option to add the 360 Capital one Checking CCOUNT which, ironically, been on my list since early June
  • GlenTerra
    GlenTerra Member ✭✭
    I have been experiencing the same problem with the Windows version of Quicken. I've only been able to set up a manual entry account. This is not the only problem with the capital one card. It also doesn't recognize rewards from Williams-Sonoma purchases yet. Very frustrating.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Sof and @glennterr

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue. I'm not sure about the exactly about the card setup from Capital One to Quicken. There's a chance since it's new it might not be available yet but I'm wondering if we might be able to download a QFX file to find out more about the connection.

You can do this by going to the cards website and finding an area where you can download/export transactions. If you can find it and download a QFX file go ahead and import it into Quicken. It may ask you to import it as a new account or might automatically connect to your previous account. Depending on if you're able to do this we can see if we can get any more information on getting it connected through the program again. For more information on Web connect files I'll leave an article down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/web-connect-troubleshooting

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• LazyDrone
    LazyDrone Member ✭✭
    After initially having issues adding the pottery barn card, I was finally able to do it. Here are the steps I took.
    1) Deactivate the online services for any other Capital One credit card you may have in Quicken. Don't delete the account - just deactivate the online services.
    2) <<This is Critical>> Don't try and add online service from the Account, instead got to the Tools header at the top, Select Add Account. Look for Capital One Card Services.
    3) Enter in your Capital One User Name and Password. It should look like a different screen, not the typical Quicken Username Password screen. More like a Webpage.
    4) It should then identify all of your Capital One accounts (if you have others). Select the ones you want to add.
    5) Then it should take you back to more of a quicken window where you can either add a new account or link to an existing. Assuming you already had the account in Quicken, select Link to existing. Note if you don't do step #1 you won't be able to link to the existing account

From there is should work as intended.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    As I understand it, you can add the new Capital One account to your accounts but not use Bill Pay (Quick Pay) to pay the bill nor will Quicken automatically pull down the bill monthly so you can pay it. So, Quicken will track charges and payments but you will not be able to actually pay the Capital One bill through Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.