Capital One bank transactions do not download - no errors

Options
This happens nearly weekly. To solve I always have to do one of the following:
1 - reset account on one of the 4 capitalone accounts and relogin.
2 - log out of quicken id and cloud accounts from preferences and log back in
3 - disable all capitalone accounts and re-add capitalone

I've called support and they walked me through #3 to try and prevent the issue from re-occuring. It didn't help.

I'm annoyed that I have to consistantly reset my capitalone account to get new transactions.

I've also ran validate and repair file and I'm on the latest quicken R35.26. I do not ever get any error codes. I have re-loaded from a backup and this issue still occurs after less than a week. Account list shows Capital One Bank - New for my checking/savings and Capital One Card - Current for my credit card. I'm using Express Web Connect+.

I do use cloud sync and have seen threads speculate that this may be causing the issue.

Has anyone else had this going on for the last few months as well?

Answers

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Options
    Hi @JesseDox.

Thanks for takin the time to post to our Community.

Do you recall if they Support Agent you spoke with took a look at the Log Files after you attempted to update your Capital One accounts? When did the issue initially start?

I took a look at your account's status' internally and do not see any error codes popping up. Could you please go up to Help > Report a Problem > Choose Bank Download/Transaction Errors for Select a Category > Confirm all boxes are Checked for the Log Files > Send to Quicken

Once these have been submitted, please respond to this thread so I can take a deeper look.

Please feel free to respond to this thread with any additional questions or concerns.
    Best,
    JV
  • JesseDox
    JesseDox Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Julio, thanks for responding.

I wanted to wait until it happened again to respond. This is the longest between issues it's been. It started sometime last year and I ended up trying other budgeting software because I was tired of this issue and an issue with my payroll reminder. I came back because I was too used to the features and projected balance. I ended up deleting the payroll reminder and now just use a simple income reminder to track pay but I am still annoyed with this issue.

I don't think they looked at the logs. I did as you asked and just sent the report.

I was able to get new transactions today by using the 'Reset Account' button under Account Details>Online Services. That worked right away this time and I now have the latest transactions.
This discussion has been closed.