"QuickReport" Equivalent from Quicken 2007 in Modern Quicken???

Options
Sorry for what is likely a dumb question, but we just converted from awesome Quicken 2007 to the current subscription version. The new software has some very nice features, but as a long-time user of Q2007 I've been "hardwired" to do certain things that I have not been able to find in the current version of Quicken for Mac. This functionality may indeed be there but I'm too senile to find it, so please bear with me.

QuickReport was, IMHO, an incredibly useful feature in Quicken 2007 (images attached).

I can't find that tool in modern Quicken.

Am I missing something?

Thank you!
2.png 17.8K
3.png 21.2K

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, there is something quite similar.

Select a transaction, and right (or control) click to bring up the contextual menu. There, you can get the equivalent of QuickReports based on Payee, Category, Tags, etc. In the resulting report, you can adjust parameters if needed.

You can also use the Live Search (upper right) to search transactions in a single or across multiple accounts to filter by your search criteria. Totals will be displayed upper right, and you can use selections to add/remove transactions. It's really quick, and I use it a lot. The only drawback is when you deal with split transactions it includes the parent total amount.

But, those live searched filters are still quite useful for answering quick questions. And, if you go to print, you get a variety of options to output it as a report.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, there is something quite similar.

Select a transaction, and right (or control) click to bring up the contextual menu. There, you can get the equivalent of QuickReports based on Payee, Category, Tags, etc. In the resulting report, you can adjust parameters if needed.

You can also use the Live Search (upper right) to search transactions in a single or across multiple accounts to filter by your search criteria. Totals will be displayed upper right, and you can use selections to add/remove transactions. It's really quick, and I use it a lot. The only drawback is when you deal with split transactions it includes the parent total amount.

But, those live searched filters are still quite useful for answering quick questions. And, if you go to print, you get a variety of options to output it as a report.

• LargeDoggie
    LargeDoggie Member ✭✭
    Options
    Very thorough and helpful answer; thank you very, very much!!!
This discussion has been closed.