How do I properly categorize wages?

:# I have employees that perform work at two separate entities. What do I call the categories per person/per entity. Ex Dylan, wages, Holland, Dylan, wages, motel. They are all paid out of the account that is tied to the location where the work was done. I am struggling with wording.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Sarah_Mic

Are you familiar with using "Tags"?  It seems to me that you should be able to accomplish what you want to do by using Tags.

I would suggest that you add a Tag for each of the "per entity" or "locations" designations, so for your example above - you would add a tag entitled "holland" and another tag entitled "motel". 

To create Tags, go to "Tools" > "Tag List" > then click on the "New Tag" button at the bottom.  Then in the pop-up window enter the Tag name, a description (optional) and click Save.

To use Tags - just select them in the registers whenever you record expenses and or income items.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.