Can I use two identical datafiles with different names and dataset IDs on two systems?

Options
BK
BK Member ✭✭✭✭
No issues, just a question to the experts.  I created a copy of my Main datafile using Quicken copy, and gave it a new name 2nd.QDF.  I subsequently verified the corresponding two separate cloud names with different Dataset ID values (last 13 digits are different).  I would like continue to use my Main file on Q ver R32.12 since I am perfectly happy with it, but use the 2nd one (on a different system) as a test file on the ‘latest’ Q version to determine if/when I want to upgrade.
First question: Since the 2nd file is a duplicate of the Main one, is there any potential conflict with this setup leading to strange behaviors or download issues that you can think of or came across?  My guess is that I should be okay since the associated cloud datasets have different names and IDs.
Second question: Can a user have two different Quicken User IDs to create yet an additional separation of datafiles or will that require an additional license?
TIA.
- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
- I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I'm curious where do you see the dataset IDs?

As for your questions, I think you should be pretty well separated, I don't know of any conflicts when the data files are truly "new/different".  On the second question, the license is connected to the Quicken Id, if you create a new one it won't have a license connected to it.  So to have to "active" Quicken Ids you would have to have two licenses.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

As for your questions, I think you should be pretty well separated, I don't know of any conflicts when the data files are truly "new/different".  On the second question, the license is connected to the Quicken Id, if you create a new one it won't have a license connected to it.  So to have to "active" Quicken Ids you would have to have two licenses.
    Signature:
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    Are you testing me? B)
    Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > CTRL + "Edit dataset name"
    Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > CTRL + "Cloud Acc associated"
    Search for fileId and datasetId in the Cloud SyncLog file

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BK said:
    Chris_QPW said:
    Are you testing me? B)
    Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > CTRL + "Edit dataset name"
    Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > CTRL + "Cloud Acc associated"
    Search for fileId and datasetId in the Cloud SyncLog file

Nope, not testing you, I never really saw much about this (or forgot).  Thanks.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.