Can Net Worth Over Time take scheduled transaction into consideration?

Options
redgar
redgar Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Mac)
When I have the Net Worth Over Time report showing full year (current), it is not taking into account the scheduled transactions. Paycheck, Mortgage, recurring expenses and other debt payments are Scheduled but when I look at full year today, Sep, Oct, Nov and Dec all show the same amount.

Maybe it is not common to look at it this way but it helps to predict where I will be in several months and why not take into consideration what is scheduled? Maybe a new report named with the word "Projection" in it can be a differentiator if there is concern for confusion.

I could just be missing an option for this so if I am, I would appreciate a pointer in the right direction.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    You are correct in that scheduled transactions aren't technically posted to your respective registers. Thus, they won't impact that report/graph.

If you are looking for a projection, you might wish to look under Bills & Income, and click on Projected Balances. This will show a listing of all your scheduled transactions and projected cash flow.

It takes a bit to figure out what is going on in that graph, but once you figure it out, it is quite useful.

It won't show your future net worth, but we really don't know what that will be anyways-especially if you have any investment accounts tracked in Quicken.
  • redgar
    redgar Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. That gets me close.
This discussion has been closed.