One Step Update Changing the edited Name of the Account

For various reasons started a new data set of Quicken to solve previous problems and it seems to be working well except that running one step update it is reverting the name of the account back to what it was when first downloaded rather than the edited name I gave it. The release that was downloaded for the restart is R35.31 Premier Edition. Have changed the account options for automatic entry to OFF, to use Reconcile Using Online Balance and saving passwords for one step update. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    From what I can tell an account name reverting is caused by the Quicken cloud dataset and the Quicken Desktop data file getting out of sync.

If you are using Sync to Mobile/Web then use this to reset the cloud dataset and then change the account name again:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Mobile & Web -> Reset your cloud data.

If you aren't using Sync to Mobile/Web then you need to create a new data file with this on, and then you can go to:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID(x) and delete the dataset associated with the original Quicken Desktop data file.  Then you can open that data file and change the account name and it should stick.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • I am not using sync to mobile/web and tried following the instructions, but there is no “cloud accounts associated with this quicken id(x)” option.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am not using sync to mobile/web and tried following the instructions, but there is no “cloud accounts associated with this quicken id(x)” option.
    Then you need to delete the cloud data set from another data file.  Create another new data file (File -> New Quicken File...) and make sure to have sync to Mobile/Web on.

In that data file select Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Cloud accounts with this Quicken ID (x), in this dialog you can select and delete the cloud dataset for the original data file.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/