Recording the Transaction Entry Date

When I enter a scheduled payment date in advance, what is the best way to also record the date that I actually entered the transaction? For example, on September 7, I scheduled a payment for September 30. I put September 30 in the date field. Is there another field where I can enter September 7?

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @SDG

Assuming that you made the payment entry in the register (and you are not just setting up a "payment reminder") you can use the register "Memo" field to note the date you made the entry.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi again @SGD,

There is not another "date format" field, however there are other fields that you could use for this specific purpose.  Below are all the fields available in bank account registers:

To add or delete columns (i.e. - fields available) - open the register > click on the gear icon in the upper right > and click on "Register columns..." in the drop-down menu.  The "Notes" filed would likely work well for your additional "date info".

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @SDG

Assuming that you made the payment entry in the register (and you are not just setting up a "payment reminder") you can use the register "Memo" field to note the date you made the entry.

Frankx

• SDG
    SDG Member ✭✭
    Thank you, yes, I do currently use the memo field. I was wondering if there was another date field, or a misc field, which I could use.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi again @SGD,

There is not another "date format" field, however there are other fields that you could use for this specific purpose.  Below are all the fields available in bank account registers:

To add or delete columns (i.e. - fields available) - open the register > click on the gear icon in the upper right > and click on "Register columns..." in the drop-down menu.  The "Notes" filed would likely work well for your additional "date info".

Frankx

• SDG
    SDG Member ✭✭
    Thank you again, Frankx. Yes, I think the "Notes" field would be a good one to use. I like that idea.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW:  The Notes field is not readily viewable like the Memos filed can be.  Depending on exactly why and when you are wanting to see that info, Notes might or might not be better than the Memo field.   
This discussion has been closed.