Where do you submit auto-renewal process improvement requests?

I would like to submit a request to improve the subscription auto-renewal process but, I can't seem to find where the appropriate place is to submit this improvement.

My account was cancelled after the auto-renewal process failed twice due to outdated credit card information. One month prior to my auto-renewal date, I received an email indicating my account would be automatically renewed and I didn't need to do anything. It would have been nice if that email told me my credit card information was out of date and needed to be updated or else my subscription would be cancelled... or at least to remind me to check my credit card information. Yes, this is a nice to have feature that may not added any feature or functionality to the products. However, it sure would be a nice feature to help your customers better manage their busy lives and not have to respond to unplanned emergencies when their accounts are cancelled.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @quikzimm

I understand the improvement you are requesting. And I suspect that having one's account cancelled, after getting a message that said you "didn't need to do anything" and your account would be "automatically renewed" is certainly annoying.

The method I would suggest that you use to make your suggestion would be to use an "Idea Post" here in the Quicken Community.  To do that - from the Quicken Community Home Page > click on the "+ New Post" button > then select "New Idea" > select an appropriate "Category" from the drop-down list (perhaps "Product Enhancements" might be best > enter your suggestion > and hit "Save".

I will caution you that adding the feature you are requesting, could be more complex than you may think (i.e. I suspect that monitoring the credit card expiration dates for thousands of users could be a costly improvement to implement, and even if it were to be added, it would still fail if a user were to cancel their credit card before the expiration date). And I am sure that Quicken Inc will likely weigh the costs of making such a change with the value they will receive from the change.

Let me know of you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @quikzimm

I understand the improvement you are requesting. And I suspect that having one's account cancelled, after getting a message that said you "didn't need to do anything" and your account would be "automatically renewed" is certainly annoying.

The method I would suggest that you use to make your suggestion would be to use an "Idea Post" here in the Quicken Community.  To do that - from the Quicken Community Home Page > click on the "+ New Post" button > then select "New Idea" > select an appropriate "Category" from the drop-down list (perhaps "Product Enhancements" might be best > enter your suggestion > and hit "Save".

I will caution you that adding the feature you are requesting, could be more complex than you may think (i.e. I suspect that monitoring the credit card expiration dates for thousands of users could be a costly improvement to implement, and even if it were to be added, it would still fail if a user were to cancel their credit card before the expiration date). And I am sure that Quicken Inc will likely weigh the costs of making such a change with the value they will receive from the change.

Let me know of you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• quikzimm
    quikzimm Member ✭✭
    Thanks Frankx -- Idea has been submitted!!
  • UserDavidC
    UserDavidC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Duplicate
    Quicken user since 1995.
    Current subscription user.
This discussion has been closed.