Crash after downloading R35

This discussion was created from comments split from: How to upgrade to 35.23.

Comments

• DJPJ
    DJPJ Member ✭✭
    I downloaded Quicken For Windows Deluxe R35.xx and it crashed the program, would not load, and it froze. I reported it and an agent sent me a Patch and since that time, around 8 Sept, where we "regressed" to an earlier Version, Quicken has run as it did before but I am preventing the full Update to R35, due to fear that the same problems will arise. I would like to get an idea WHEN F35 is stable and workable. I am using WINDOWS UAC to pop-up and I prevent the update from being installed. Thanks, DJ
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive and the full path to the backup folder? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • DJPJ
    DJPJ Member ✭✭
    I have purposely left the path pointing to:

c:\users\djone\desktop Normally, the file is kept in: c:\users\djone\Documents. But, the latter failed over and over, so a Chat Agent suggested that we copy my user file to my desktop and it worked! This is how I left it. I am reluctant to try to restore from my C:\users\documents\quicken file location. I also am preventing the update. This is a baffling situation and I have been unable or incapable of going forward with the latest version, partly due to the fear of toing through what I experienced a few weeks back. THAT was frustrating. Is there a "MONDO" patch coming to allow us to go forward? I am leaving for Europe in less than a Month and need to get myself Migrated to a new Laptop (not purchased yet). Thanks for any direction here. DJ
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.